Harbor.ai is an Artificial Intelligence InsurTech software startup. We are an exchange for commercial insurance, using artificial intelligence to bring together customers, retail and wholesale brokers, and insurance companies. We currently work with over 20 major insurance companies to streamline the issuance and management of commercial insurance — a multi-trillion dollar global industry. We were recently named to the “Hot 100” by Intelligent Insurer Magazine, and are rapidly growing.
Harbor.ai uses artificial intelligence in several ways:
- We use machine learning to create prediction and recommendation models. This allows finding the best match for the risks of a commercial customer to the policies that cover those risks from insurance providers.
- We use logic and inference in a reasoning process to understand the insurance needs of a company, acquire and utilize relevant data, and determine if insurance policy requirements are met via underwriting.
- We create a Risk Knowledge Graph to capture knowledge about businesses, the sources of commercial risk, and risk coverage options found in insurance policies.
- Our A.I. Agents interact with customers, brokers, and insurance providers in real-time, streamlining the flow of information.
We are seeking to add a DevOps engineer to the team.
- Java/JVM Development (3+ Years)
- Managing AWS Infrastructure (2+ Years)
- Streaming Data Infrastructure (Kafka, Websockets, Spark Streaming, Kinesis)
- Infrastructure Automation Tools (Puppet, Terraform)
- Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Data Infrastructure for Analysis and ML Pipelines (Apache Spark, Tensorflow)
- Database Management (Relational, Graph, Time Series)
- Network Configuration, Security
- Production AWS Deployments
- Logging and Monitoring Tools
- JVM Memory, Class Loaders, and Resource Management
- Groovy JVM Development
- Linux Command Line, Shell Scripting
The Harbor.ai architecture focuses on real-time streams of messages that are received and processed by our A.I. agents, which generate reply messages and use historical messages to help build predictive and recommendation models.
This role will include development in a JVM Environment focusing on the infrastructure to process real-time message streams and automating the infrastructure in an AWS Environment. This role reports to the CTO and coordinates with the Operations team.
This is a full-time position. Salary and benefits commensurate with experience. Participation in employee option pool available.
Location is on-site in our offices in Lower Manhattan.
Help reshape one of the largest global industries to better fit today’s risks and opportunities using artificial intelligence!
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants only; please no recruiters.